[CentOS] Re: convert from fedora with reiserfs to centos-4.3

Thu Mar 30 21:11:48 UTC 2006
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Robin Mordasiewicz spake the following on 3/30/2006 12:48 PM:
> I upgraded a box running fedora core 2 to Centos-4.3
> The fedora core box has a reiserfs file system, which I am assuming is
> not supported in the CentOS kernel. I tried the unsupported kernel but I
> still get a kernel panic.
>
> Can I either convert to ext3, or possibly install something that will
> make my reiserfs filesystem work ?

You can not convert, you must backup - create - restore.. Or at least make new
mount point in ext2 and cp or rsync over.
The kernel unsupported does have reiserfs support, but you would need to make
sure it is in your initrd.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and