[CentOS] NFS client monitor script?

Thu Mar 30 21:13:25 UTC 2006
Troy Engel <tengel at fluid.com>

Rick Philbrick wrote:

> Are these mounts used frequently or rarely ?  I had problems with
> mounts that went stale.  This only occured to the mounts that rarely
> got used.  I set up automounter and they stopped going stale.

Alas, it's more complicated -- it's a SnapServer that's freezing up,
we're working with Adaptec to try and fix it (seems to be some sort of
java problem on device). I did an OS upgrade at 11pm last night, all was
working well and then sometime after midnight it ate itself and froze
the exported mounts. As a result, thousands of emails got
deferred/queued (*) until I could bring the device back online.

So, until we get this issue resolved on the device, I need to monitor
the exports from a single client (the backup server where they're all
mounted, a CentOS4 box) and send an email/sms when things die.

-te

(*) once again, exim saves the day. swiss army knife of the MTA world.

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com