[CentOS] Has anybody recompiled Centos' default kernel on x86_64

Fri Mar 31 02:09:56 UTC 2006
Bogdan Nicolescu <bo2k2 at yahoo.com>

--- Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> > I haven't been able to recompile Centos' default
> kernel on 4.2, nor on
> > 4.3 on an x86_64
> >
> > The process fails with two different problems:
> >
> > 1. 'cannot find -lqt' error
> >
> > 2. offset.h.tmp missing
> >
> > Kind of weird not being able to recompile an
> integral part of the system
> > on a system which is entirely based on
> recompilation.
> >
> > Based on second hand reports vanila kernel seems
> to compile o.k., but I
> > don't want to go vanila if I don't have to.
> >

> All released CentOS kernels are built on CentOS
> itself. What version are
> you trying to build ?

I'm trying to compile the default, 'regular', x86_64
kernel the one that comes with 4.3 in a Centos 4.3
x86_64 environment containig strictly default Centos
4.3 packages.

Of not too much to ask, the annaconda file of a Centos
x86_64 environment that will built Centos kernel for
the x86_64 will be greatly appreciated.