[CentOS] Centos Test repository

James B. Byrne

ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
Wed May 3 14:59:10 UTC 2006

I would like to express my appreciation to the maintainers of the CentOS
distribution for the degree of thoroughness evidenced in the set up of the
test repository at http://dev.centos.org.  I was casting around for how to
configure my yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo to handle a few packages that I must
obtain from the test area (firefox, which seems to have moved since yesterday,
and postgresql).  I expected that at some point I would have to ask for help
here on the list, but no, it turns out that my need was foreseen and provided
for at: http://dev.centos.org/centos/4.2/CentOS-Testing.repo.

Which, after suitably modifying with the addtion of an "includepkgs="
directive works beautifully.

So instead of asking for help I am writing to thank you all.

Regards,
Jim

P.S.

Any hope of an OpenOffice.org v2 release in testing?

JBB

--
***     e-mail is NOT a secure channel     ***
James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB.<token>@Harte-Lyne.ca