[CentOS] sempron 2500+ running at 1044 cpu speed.

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Thu May 4 14:13:41 UTC 2006

I have a desktop unit with a sempron 2500+ to play with.
doing "more /proc/cpuinfo" indicates cpu Mhz as1044 not the 2500

I am familiar with cpuspeed. doing ps ax | grep cpuspeed resulting in
nothing.
I did service cpuspeed start. No errors reported.
ps ax | grep cpuspeed resulted in nothing.

I was going to do "killall -SIGUSR1 cpuspeed" to attempt to get 2500+
cpu speed.

I am compiling wine right now so I havent gotten back into the BIOS.
Is there another way to get the FULL cpu speed.

THanks,

Jerry