[CentOS] kernel source rpm

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon May 8 11:26:06 UTC 2006

On 5/7/06, PV Juliet <pvjuliet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>      I attaching a source code kernel 2.6.9.tar.gz .  I want to make
> the source rpm of this file  which is patched and also includes  the
> SATA driver controller . Is it possible to get source rpm of this ,so
> if i reuired to change the kernel , i can do that make the rpm out of
> this src.rpm which creates the initrd .img . I want to attach the
> source code . But it gives some problem

You want to send a 40M attachment to the mailing list? I really hope
that's not what you're trying to do, because I would be forced to
publicly and brutally mock you for such an action.

Why not start with the centos kernel source rpm? Why not build the
driver as a module and an rpm of that module? You seem to be
attempting to go about things in the hardest methods possible.

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be