[CentOS] Requirements for building source RPM's?

Niki Kovacs

contact at kikinovak.net
Sun May 14 09:29:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have CentOS 4.3. On install, I chose the 'Personal Desktop' option without
bothering about customizing. I'm on dialup, so I try to choose a mixture of rpm
and yum, e. g. I do 'yum install something', take a peek at what is needed, and
then install as much as I can from the CD's using rpm -ivh.

I want to build an app (cdlabelgen and its frontend gtkcdlabel) from a source
RPM, since the binary has a few encoding weirdnesses. I've never built a source
RPM (using Slack before), now I wonder: what tools (packages) do I need for
this, besides rpm-build, gcc, autoconf etc.?

Niki Kovacs