[CentOS] PHP5 questions

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon May 15 21:31:28 UTC 2006

Mike Stankovic wrote on Mon, 15 May 2006 11:18:58 -0700 (PDT):

> remove the php-eaccelerator for php-4.3.9 and build
> one for php-5.0.4. php-eaccelerator does not build on
> php 5.1.x only 5.0.x see this post
> (http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2006-May/064241.html)
> for details. The maintainer for php 5.0.4 in
> CentOSplus should build it as its an extension that
> works without problems.

Well, it's not even available for PHP4 in the CentOS repo, so there's
probably no point adding it to centosplus. I got my package from rpmforge,
but that's for PHP4.

Yeah, I had read that message and got the impression either the one coming
with CentOS works with PHP5 as well or an rpm might be available from
somewhere. I'll try first without eaccelerator, if PHP5 doesn't work out
for us I don't need it for PHP5, anyway ;-)

Thanks for the tips!

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany