[CentOS] mysql problems

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue May 16 02:09:28 UTC 2006

On 5/15/06, William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com> wrote:
> I installed plesk(first mistake at least here..<G>) and it got in my way
> in some area more than it helped.  The first thing it did was deny root
> access to mysqld and i could not find the username and password for
> adding another database.  I removed plesk and mysql.  when i used yum to
> reinstall mysql i was then told root @ localhost was denied.  I removed
> mysql again and nuked all of the mysql files i could find that were left
> behind.  Now when i reinstall it won't even start.  Any ideas?

You may need to consult your yum configs and repo files and look for
excluded packages. I know cpanel does this, but I'm honestly not sure
about plesk.

What does it mean if your sig is longer than the body of your message?

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be