[CentOS] rsync help

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Fri May 19 00:58:51 UTC 2006

I'm attempting to do an rsync of a whole bunch of files from the machine
here to the remote machine.  Both user directories have identical file
structure, except the remote machine is way behind on keeping up with
the local machine.  When I tried to run the rsync command from the
current directory of "/home/rob/amet/versions/current/archinve/npa/R-
save"  Below is the command and output.

Can somone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or perhaps the correct way to
do this?  There does not need to be a daemon running on the remote
machine does there?

# rsync -t R-save vortex:/home/rob/amet/versions/current/archive/npa/R-
save
rsync: link_stat "/home/rob/amet/versions/20051028/amet/archive/npa/R-
save/R-save" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c
(892) [sender=2.6.8]

Thanks.....

Sam