[CentOS] yum grouplist error

Fri May 19 15:01:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 10:32 -0400, Alfred von Campe wrote:
> I keep a local copy of the yum repository using rsync every night.
> Commands like "yum update" still work, but lately I've been getting
> the following error:
>
>    # yum grouplist
>    Setting up Group Process
>    Setting up repositories
>    Error: Caching enabled and local cache: //var/cache/yum/base/
> yumgroups.xml does not match checksum
>
> My nightly rsync cron job doesn't update this file -- should it?  How
> does one rebuild it?  To set up my local repository, I edited the
> file /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo and changed all baseurl
> entries to use file:///path/to/my/repo instead of http://
> mirror.centos/org/...  Do I have something misconfigured?
>
> Thanks,
> Alfred

OK ... yum caches metadata ... so for a period of time there is a file
in cache that MIGHT be different (if there are changes on the mirror).

You should start with this if you have that problem:

yum clean metadata

However ... this sounds like a different problem because ...
yumgroups.xml never really changes, except when we release a new ISO.

Are you rebuilding your metadata with createrepo ... if you are, are you
using the -g option?