[CentOS] sendmail config problem

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Sat May 20 22:10:46 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:

>There is also no A record for home.com.  It's going to bounce
>any way you try it.  Comment the:
>FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl
>in sendmail.mc  and you won't accept email with bad reply
>addresses.

Yes I know I have no hope of ever sending email to that address. The
problem is really my wife's perception. It looks like the problem is on
my server end when I know it is not.

The FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl  is commented out. My wife
received this message because it actually came via a email list which
was forwarded from an outside Email server. Since that server accepted
the message then my server did too and has to or my wife will shoot me.
I would much prefer to see this bounce message which I get from the
other email server I run:

<jdavidson4 at home.com>

550 5.1.2 <jdavidson4 at home.com>... Host unknown (Name server: home.com: no data known)

Because then it is obvious where the problem lies even to my wife. I
have unwittingly set something on my nurdog.com server and have no clue
what.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)