[CentOS] new initrd

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Tue May 23 15:07:08 UTC 2006

> I think you mean m, not n.
>
> I have learnt the hard way that there are many scripts in a redhat
> system  that break if you try to compile code as built-in, but RH
> initially compiled it as a module.
>
> The mkinitrd script has a few options for modules vs built-in, but
> they are of limited flexibiity.

Yes i did mean m sorry - although i have an interesting thing going on
and i don't think i'm going mad... I change that option in config to be
a 'm' rather than a 'y' and then run my kernel make. After the make i
look at the .config file and that option has changed back to a 'y' ??
Can anyone tell me the reason that happens please

thanks