[CentOS] 4.3 single server cd

Thu May 25 20:16:27 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 11:08 -0700, Mike Stankovic wrote:
> --- Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > The simple fact is the only announcement about a
> > CD in
> > > May on centos-annouce was the LIVECD by Johnny.
> > You
> > > can see for yourself that there is no SERVER CD
> > newer
> > > than the December 2005 one at
> > >

> http://mirror.stanford.edu/yum/pub/centos/4.3/isos/i386/
> >
> > Since when do things available for testing get sent
> > to the -announce list?
> >
> > Testing stuff gets announced in the development
> > list. Perhaps you
> > should look there, and/or update your  copy of the
> > centos guidelines.
> >

> Perhaps you can pointout where the announcement on the
> testing ISO is at
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2006-May/thread.html
>
> You too may need to be lectured on the goals of CentOS
> and on where to make announces for testing. Even a
> certain bleeding edge distro do not cut corners in
> this manner.

WTF is your problem ?

Please pick another FREE distro to use and leave our crappy one alone.

CentOS is obviously not worthy to be installed by someone of your
unbelievably awesome talents.

BTW ... which other distro is it out there that releases a LiveCD, or a
Single Server CD, and a DVD and 4 CDs?  Last time I checked neither
Fedora or RHEL did a Live CD or a Single Server CD ... so how is it
cutting corners not to have one now fast enough for you.

Why do we even need to respin the SingleServerCD every update set ... it
doesn't hurt anything for the 4.2 version to be used.

Bottom line -> Your attitude sucks, I don't know how you can treat
people the way you do and look at yourself in mirror every day.