[CentOS] Which libtiff 3.8.2 do I grab?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri May 26 19:44:58 UTC 2006

Oh, for spandsp see:

http://asterfax.sourceforge.net/SpanDSP.html

and

http://www.soft-switch.org/spandsp-known-issues.html

    * The FAX image handling in libtiff 3.6.1 is broken, so this
version of libtiff will not function correctly with spandsp (or
HylaFAX, or any other FAX software, I guess).
    * It seems possible for the libtiff library to fall over when
handling some bad TIFF files. If spandsp is being used with Asterisk,
this might bring the entire PBX down. So far only one person has
reported this. Recent security update patches for libtiff 3.5.7,
3.6.0, and 3.6.1 hopefully correct this problem.