[CentOS] SATA RAID - LSI Megaraid SATA 150-4

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Sat May 27 13:08:47 UTC 2006

On Sat, 27 May 2006 at 2:42am, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote

> On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 12:14:56AM -0500, Paul wrote:
>> I generally 3Ware controllers get recommended but the servers we are
>> looking at getting use LSI Megaraid SATA 150-4 controllers.
>>
>> I was wonder what experiences there are under CentOS 4 with these
>> positive & negative?
>
> I really don't trust any other SATA raid controllers besides 3ware,
> and my experience with LSI Megaraid SCSI was less than wonderful
> (although I know of some people that love those).

What issues did you have with Megaraid SCSI?  I've got one that's
performing wonderfully.  I do still need to work on the monitoring though.
Of course, I also have lots of issues with 3dm2 -- it seems far less
polished than 3dm was back in the 7xxx/8xxx days.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering