[CentOS] Protectbase Plugin not working?

Sat May 6 19:26:30 UTC 2006
Camron W. Fox <cwfox at us.fujitsu.com>

Alle,

	I have installed and enabled (I think) the yum protectbase plugin:

[cwfox at lurker ~]$ rpm -qa | grep -i protectbase
yum-plugin-protectbase-1.1-1.c4
[cwfox at lurker ~]$ cat /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/protectbase.conf
[main]
enabled = 1
[cwfox at lurker ~]$ grep plugin /etc/yum.conf
plugins=1
[cwfox at lurker ~]$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo
<SNIP>
[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4
protect=1
</SNIP>

	However, when I do yum check-update as in the following example, there
are zero package exclusions and the Dag repo package for rsync (which is
a CentOS base package, I believe) is listed:

[cwfox at lurker ~]$ sudo yum check-update --enablerepo=dag rsync
Setting up repositories
0 packages excluded due to repository protections

rsync.i386                               2.6.8-1.el4.rf         dag
[cwfox at lurker ~]$ rpm -qi rsync
Name        : rsync                        Relocations: /usr
Version     : 2.6.3                             Vendor: CentOS
Release     : 1                             Build Date: Mon Feb 21
07:16:46 2005
Install Date: Wed Aug 10 14:28:27 2005      Build Host: guru.build.karan.org
Group       : Applications/Internet         Source RPM:
rsync-2.6.3-1.src.rpm
Size        : 262544                           License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Sat Feb 26 11:37:08 2005, Key ID a53d0bab443e1821
Packager    : Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org>
Summary     : A program for synchronizing files over a network.

	Shouldn't this package from the Dag repository be on the exclusion list
or am I misunderstanding the way protectbase is supposed to work?

Best Regards,
Camron

--
Camron W. Fox