[CentOS] Set default MPlayer -vo?

Fri May 19 12:15:20 UTC 2006
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

Hi,

I'm running CentOS 4.3 with the rpmforge and kbs repos enabled. I just
installed MPlayer and tried it. It has a small problem.

When I want to view myfile.wmv, Mplayer displays the following error
message: "Error opening/initialising the selected video_out (-vo)
device."

So I opened a console, took a peek at the various options (mplayer -vo
help), and then the movie worked just fine with mplayer -vo x11.

Q: how do I make this option my default, so that when I double-click on
a .wmv or .avi in Nautilus, it gets opened with the -vo x11 option? I
thought about creating an alias, but there must be some more orthodox
way to do that.

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs