[CentOS] Choice of FTP server

Tue May 30 15:23:34 UTC 2006
Alex Palenschat <alex at nssmgmt.com>

I have taken over a number of RH/FC/CentOS servers recently. I am trying
to upgrade all of them to CentOS 4.3 and configure them to only use
software that can be managed via yum/apt repositories. One of the
choices made by my predecessor was the pure-ftpd server over vsftpd. I
cannot find a repo to get this rpm from and am wondering if anyone on
the list has any practical experience with both and can give me some
insight as to whether it would be better to run vsftpd (more likely to
be updated after a security update via yum) versus pure-ftpd (very few
updates needed in it's history).

Thanks in advance,

Alex Palenschat