[CentOS] fedora directory server (FDS)

Mon May 1 00:39:15 UTC 2006
israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu <israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu>

Thanks Craig for your soon answer..  I've now the FDS up and running...
I am now creating my users in FDS because I want to unify the
authentication of my 3 centos servers. BUT, When I create my users in
FDS I don't see any option  of UID, GID, home directory, etc, so the FDS
server return an error and my remote users can't authenticate.......

my question is?

1. Can I use FDS to authenticate remote linux users? I mean create in
FDS a user with UID, GID, home directory.

2. Can I  set up another server with authconfig (Use LDAP
Authentication) pointing to my FDS?

2. Does FDS do exactly the same of openldap?

3. Does anybody knows any way to migrate all users from /etc/passwd to
FDS? (I know openldap does)

4. Is FDS better than Openldap?

PD: I just want set up a LDAP server to my network to unify all my
servers.

Regards;
Israel