[CentOS] cdrecord issues

Wed May 3 03:05:11 UTC 2006
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 20:39 -0500, Barry Brimer wrote:
> > I have an issue with cdrecord though and I can't figure it out. I use
> > Webmin, which basically just creates an iso and then uses cdrecord to
> > burn it and it worked fine with previously installed CentOS 4 (I wiped
> > and reinstalled about 8 months ago).
> >
> > This is the command that Webmin tries to execute...
> >
> > cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=4 -isosize \
> > '/home/Linux/CentOS-4/CentOS-4.2-i386-bin4of4.iso'
>
> I am certainly no expert at cdrecord .. but I would drop the "-isosize".
> Also, you may be able to use dev=</dev/devicename> as well.
----
# cdrecord -v dev=/dev/hdc speed=4 \
'/home/Linux/CentOS-4/CentOS-4.2-i386-bin4of4.iso'
cdrecord: No write mode specified.
cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent
defaults.
cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg
Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in
this version.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
devname: '/dev/hdc'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/hdc'. Cannot open
SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

I am sure that I didn't have this problem before (perhaps something
CentOS 4.1 but I have upgraded a number of times).

Craig