[CentOS] Can't Access Samba Running Linux Box From XP

Wed May 3 13:15:46 UTC 2006
Mark Sargent <powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp>

Venom User wrote:

>	Might also try ..
>
>#smbpasswd -a <username>
>
>	Adds the user to the smb password list.

Hi All,

thanx for that, as I seem to have progressed some. I now get an error
stating that the path doesn't exist. It certainly does as I did a pwd,
copied/pasted it into the smb.conf file. I chose, Connect using a
different username, and input the username/password that exists on the
Linux box, and that also has permissions to access in smb.conf and also
has been added to smbpasswd now as you suggested. I see two logs,
10.0.0.1.log, which is empty, and home-hehbbzsuy7.log which mentions,

[Date omitted by me as I'm not coming from the offending box]
smbd/service.c:make_connect(800)
 home-hehbbzsuy7 (10.0.0.1) couldn't find service home

I get that, because after first failing as racket/password, it gives a
prompt to login as the Windows Hostname, which is not what I want.

Cheers.

Mark Sargent