[CentOS] Protectbase Plugin not working?

Sat May 6 21:31:18 UTC 2006
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Camron W. Fox wrote on Sat, 06 May 2006 10:02:27 -1000:

No protect line means protect=1 !

> Sooo, if I want to protect my Base repository from
> updates from Dag, and I want to protect the Dag repository from updates
> from KBS, for example, I'm just have to run yum with enable/disable
> repos accordingly?

You can't do this easily with protectbase. Any protected repo can
overwrite other protected repos. So you should set 1 only for repos that
have a minimal chance over overlap (f.i. KBS-Extras does not overlap with
CentOS). I set base and update plus kbs-extras to protect=1, all the rest
to 0. It would indeed be nice to have more protection levels (10 can
overwrite 9, 9 can overwrite 8 and so on ...) instead of just yes and no.
That plugin isn't very long, maybe someone plays around with it, I haven't
ever programmed in Python.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany