[CentOS] Special character with Apache in Centos 4.3

Mon May 8 10:31:17 UTC 2006
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Luigi Palmiero wrote on Mon, 8 May 2006 09:36:08 +0200:

> All char like "°", "-", ecc. in web pages appears as "?".
> This is the variable in httpd.conf:
> "AddDefaultCharSet UTF-8"
>
> I have also set: "AddDefaultCharSet ISO-8859-1" without any change.

The CharSet the characters were written in differs from what is sent and
displayed by the browser. Make them match and all is well. (That is:
either change the CharSet the server sends or change the CharSet the web
pages are written in.) You can check the character encoding of a page in
your browser, usually at View/Encoding or so.
BTW: this is not CentOS-specific.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany