[CentOS] Serverworks HT1000 chipset drivers (Supermicro H8SSL motherboard)

Fri May 12 13:36:37 UTC 2006
Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>

Chris Mauritz wrote:
> Anyone using boards with this chipset?  I've gotten some dual core
> single cpu boxes along with the physical dual cpu boxes I just
> received and they're using the Serverworks HT1000 (Broadcom 5785)
> chipset.  My CentOS 4.2 DVD doesn't want to recognize the chipset so I
> can't see any of the SATA drives in the integrated SATA ports.  Drives
> on 3Ware cards work as expected, but I was hoping to also make use of
> the integrated SATA ports.  I'm downloading 4.3 via bitorrent now, but
> I suspect that isn't going to solve the problem without some command
> line magic.

OK, I've gotten the x86_64 CentOS 4.3 DVD downloaded now so I'll have
another go at it.  I managed to find a "driver disk" from Supermicro's
ftp server for RHEL4 so I'm hoping that will fix the problem.  According
to a few posts I found in various forums, the driver I'm after seems to
be "sata_svw".  Hopefully, that does it.  Otherwise, I guess it's time
so scrounge up some extra 3ware cards instead.  :-)

Cheers,