[CentOS] vsftpd: users can delete files they don't possess

Wed May 17 00:31:22 UTC 2006
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Charles Lacroix wrote on Tue, 16 May 2006 13:11:12 -0400:

> you might want to look into "chattr" i know you can set a few options to make
> sure they can't modify or remove a file.

Thanks for mentioning it. chattr was what I was referring to with "acl
extensions". I know it's powerful. I experimented with it a few years ago and
found it interesting, but also hard to  maintain. If possible I prefer to do it
another way. Sticky bit seems just the right thing.

Kai