[CentOS] Installing a RPM with yum

Wed May 17 17:11:06 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 5/17/06, Claudio Castro <ccastro at unr.edu.ar> wrote:
> Hi all, this is my first post...
> Here the situation, I've installed php 4 with yum, using the default
> CentOS repositories, but now I realize that I need the Informix
> extensions and others like unixodbc, gd etc. This last two packages
> where in the repository so I search with yum and I found them, and
> install them, but not the Informix one.
> So here my question, when I install a RPM package, then, how I change or
> add extensions?? the same with Apache and ssl support .
>
> Any help would be apreciated

ssl support is easy. yum install mod_ssl & restart apache.
as for Informix support, this is not in any of the repositories, nor
is it at phprpms.sf.net. I assume you would have to rebuild the php
srpm after enabling informix support (and installing the informix libs
required for the build).

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be