[CentOS] Three kernel RPMs at same time and yum error: "sem_post: Invalid argument"

Wed May 24 10:27:13 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 07:01 +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2006 01:54:12 AM +0100, Karanbir Singh
> (mail-lists at karan.org) wrote:
>
> > > As a matter of fact, I also get:
> > >
> > > -bash-3.00# rpm -q kernel
> > > kernel-2.6.9-11.EL
> > > kernel-2.6.9-22.0.1.EL
> > > kernel-2.6.9-34.EL
> > >

> > there is nothing wrong with this - kernels are added / installed
>
> So can I remove the first 2, or all 3 versions must remain?

you can remove any kernels that you don't boot from ... the reason it
doesn't automatically remove them is so you can reboot with the old
kernel if the new one is broken on your install.  This is the default
yum behavior.

the only time I have ever seen the problem you describe is when an
upgrade from CentOS-3 to CentOS-4 is done (which we highly discourage).

It would stand to reason that other upgrades of python could also cause
the error.

You should reboot your machine ...

But ... you have no duplicate packages that are an issue.

Does rebooting solve your problem?