[CentOS] libtiff 3.6.1 and Asterisk spandsp

Wed May 24 11:48:10 UTC 2006

At 06:15 AM 5/24/2006, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 18:27 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> > Per:  http://soft-switch.org/spandsp_faq/ar01s07.html
> >
> > FAXing with spandsp keeps giving me core dumps. Its crap, isn't it?
> >
> > Actually the crap in this case is probably libtiff. Versions 3.5.7
> > and 3.6.0 seem reliable. The FAX image handling in version 3.6.1 is
> > broken. All the core dump problems I have investigated turned out to
> > be due to a very old version of libtiff, or version 3.6.1.
> >
> > I am getting crashes of Asterisk on transmitting faxes (not
> > receiving), and have libtiff-3.6.1-10 installed.
> >
> > Does anyone here have experience with spandsp's txFax?
> > is libtiff 3.6.0 available somewhere somehow to try it out?
> >

>hmmm
>
>Asterisk At Home installs using centos as it's base ... they may have
>something there concerning libtiff if that is really the issue:
>
>http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/

Not at all.  Not a thing.  Really don't know who is doing what or if
there is something else I am doing wrong.

Not only is AAH 2.8 based on Centos 4.3, but Asterfax is being put on
top of that and it uses spandsp....

I **think** I am the only one trying this to a SIP attached fax,
rather than a zaptel attached fax.  And it MIGHT have something to do
with improper codec negotiation.  I have to put ethereal on the line
and dig there.

Just not getting answers from either the AAH or Asterfax list.  And
nothing from soft-switch.org (source for spandsp and comment about libdiff)....

Just keep on digging...