[CentOS] CentOS 4 and laptop and wifi works

Thu May 25 18:21:25 UTC 2006
Mike Stankovic <mlists2006 at yahoo.com>

--- jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:

>     I want to buy a laptop and install CentOS 4 on
> it
> and have the wifi work when I'm done.
>     (Hoping for reasonable specs: 2GHz, 40GB drive,
> 1/2 to 1 GB RAM, CD-ROM, light and thin, 13 or 14
> inch screen....)
>
> Any recommendations?

Shop around but ensure :-

- Your chosen manufacturer has linux support. (IE
linux.manufacturer.com or www.manufacturer.com/linux
has relevant stuff on it.)
- Look at the manufacturer's forums for users
experiences.
- Some models are certified for RHEL
- If you need to madwifi or ndiswrapper are open
source projects that provide drivers for wireless cards.