[CentOS] Do I need large Cyrus DB files?

Fri May 26 15:52:56 UTC 2006
Matt Hyclak <hyclak at math.ohiou.edu>

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 11:35:28AM -0400, William L. Maltby enlightened us:
> Like... if I do a yum remove of cyrus-imapd.i386 and cyrus-sasl.i386 it
> wants to take 205 additional packages with it on the "deep 6" ride. Most
> are not what I would have guessed had any affiliation. Printre config,
> KDE stuff, Gnome stuff...
>
> Anyway, I decided that I'd leave those two and just remove the devel and
> other stuff *very* carefully.
>
> It's hell when you decide to learn this stuff and do a full-blown
> install so you'll have what you need when you needed it and then can't
> get rid of what you (think) you don't need when you don't.. well, joking
> of course.

sasl is what's taking everything with it. SASL is a generic authentication
framework that a lot of different apps use, so you'll probably want to leave
that one.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak