[CentOS] Which libtiff 3.8.2 do I grab?

Fri May 26 19:16:45 UTC 2006

At 02:48 PM 5/26/2006, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 13:48 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> > Via google:  libtiff 3.8.2
> >

> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/2839214/com/libtiff-3.8.2-2.x86_64.rpm.html
> >
> > This got me to a page all about libtiff 3.8.2 for 'Fedora
> other'  and a link
> >
> > http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?stat=3&search=libtiff&srodzaj=3
> >
> > for other distributions.
> >
> > So which do I take?
> >
> > ?
> >
> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/2845370/com/libtiff-3.8.2-2.i386.rpm.html
> >
> > please, I really want to get this going!
> >

>robert ... I think you are having asterisk issues, right.

oh yeah.

>There will probably be other things required ... you will probably need
>to build it from the SRPM instead of using a regenerated RPM.  FC is not
>going to have the proper shared libraries

Figures.  I do not have a good track record of building from the
SRPMs.  I think I have hosed things up more than solved things.

Hey, I'm a crypto protocols guy (RFC 4423 finally published!).  Not
an OS guy.  But I can't do my protocol work outside of my head and on
paper without a working OS.....