[CentOS] Installing 4.3 from CD

Mon May 29 01:08:53 UTC 2006
Jimmy Bradley <bmobile40 at bellsouth.net>

Make sure you used the "Burn CD Image" option in your cd burning software.
If you did just a regular cd burn, like if you were simply copying data
files from your hard drive, then you didn't creat the cd's correctly.
There's always the chance unfortunately, that the image file for cd 1 could
be corrupt. First try putting the cd in a machine that's already up and
running. It can even be a windows based machine. Open the cd drive up
through "My Computer",
If it shows a file named CentOS 1of4bin.iso(That file name isn't exact, but
it's close.), then you didn't use the "Burn CD Image" option.
Hope this helps.
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org]On
Behalf Of Jeffrey B. Layton
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 6:41 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: [CentOS] Installing 4.3 from CD

Howdy,

   I hate to bother everyone with something so simple, but I've beat
my head bloody on this one. I have a new machine with an MSI
RS480M2-IL motherboard (ATI Xpress200 chipset) and a
Hammer DVD Writer (shows up as a Matshita DVD-RAM SW-9585).
Anyway, I downloaded the CentOS 4.3 iso's and burned them to
CD. When I boot the new machine it says:

Boot CD:
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

I've _never_ seen this error message before. I know this is a RTFM
kind of question, but I don't have any idea right now. Any ideas?

TIA!

Jeff