[CentOS] VPN Solution required

Wed May 31 12:52:22 UTC 2006
Charles Lacroix <clacroix at cegep-ste-foy.qc.ca>

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 07:22, Brett Serkez wrote:
> Tom,
>
> > I have looked at OpenVPN but for some reason i'm having issues with
> > generating certificates using their howto and i used the rpm from Dag.
> > While i continue my fight with this is there any other options out there?
>
> I replied to your issue on the OpenVPN mailing list, it is the way you
> are setting your environment.
>
> When running behind the NAT firewall, you will need a rule in the
> firewall to forward the inbound connection to the VPN.  Once the
> connection is established, all traffic will pass thru the NAT/Firewall
> over this connection.
>
> I am running the setup you are describing, using Windows and both
> Fedora and CentOS and it is rock solid.
>
> Brett

He's right, i've deployed openvpn in many weird places and it works almost out
of the box  :)

I agree that the ssl key generation is a bit odd to do at first but once you
get used to it it's just a simple task like anything else.

Here i wrote a small article about me liking openvpn and all, but does include
a small procedure and explanation of terminology used for ssl config.

The page is in french so i translated it with google translate.

http://blog.eglis.com/index.php/2005/09/09/23-openvpn-c-est-trippan

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.eglis.com%2Findex.php%2F2005%2F09%2F09%2F23-openvpn-c-est-trippan&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Later
charles