[CentOS] (simple) Server Monitoring Package like ServerStats

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Nov 2 01:31:28 UTC 2006

Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> Hi,
> was wondering if there exists an RPM somewhere to a system monitoring
> package which I can use to install on a centos server. I'm using
> serverstats for my other gentoo boxes and it works great(and simple)

I used to work with Big Brother and Nagios.

Big Brother is relatively simple.  Basically bunch of shell and Perl
scripts that can be customized to monitor almost anything I could think of.

Nagios is relatively complex.  Works nicely with SNMP.  Full of
features.  If I were to build monitoring systems from scratch, Nagios is
definitely tool I would use.

I think I saw somewhere Nagios packaged as RPM.  Not sure where.