[CentOS] CentOS on Dell Inspiron 640m laptop

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Thu Nov 2 19:55:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 at 8:36am, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote

> Quoting Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>:
>
>> well now, and standby and resume works (except that I can't quite get
>> wireless working after a resume
>
> You mean resume from standby (apm -S) or suspend (apm -s)?

'pm-suspend' (remember -- this is FC6).

> Have you tried doing "ifdown eth1; ifup eth1" (or whatever your wireless
> interface is) after resume?  I found it brings up wireless back on my laptop
> after resume from standby.

Actually, given it's ipw3945, I bring down the interface, stop the
usespace daemon and wpa_supplicant, and remove the module.  I probably
just am not bringing everything up the right way when I resume -- I
haven't really tried too hard yet.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering