[CentOS] mppe support in kernel-2.6.9-42.0.3.EL

Alex Palenschat alex at nssmgmt.com
Thu Nov 2 21:38:59 UTC 2006

> > MPPE required, but kernel has no support.
> >
> > Can anyone help me with getting this module for the 2.6.9-42.0.3.EL
> > kernel???
> >
> MPPE can cause you much heartache (as I learned the hard way
> at my last
> job...). I'd recommend using the dkms packages that PoPTop provide
> (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=44827).
>
> The first section of this FC faq at pptpclient outlines the
> steps to get
> it installed
> (http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-fedora-core-4.phtml)
>
> -Shawn

Or you could just use the very fast/modern/more secure openvpn package
from DAG's repository. Loads up very easily with no patching or
compatibility issues and can be configured using certificates (no poor
user password). The only real added work is loading the client software.

Just my 2 cents,

Alex