[CentOS] Re: Apache 2.2X

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Nov 3 00:26:34 UTC 2006

Tim Uckun spake the following on 11/2/2006 4:09 PM:

>> After removing all the stuff that depends on apache (mod_python, mod_ssl,
>> http_suexec, webalizer, subversion, etc.), the Apache supplied RPMs
>> seem to
>> install fine.  Of course you wouldn't be using all the same patches and
>> configs from the CentOS rpm version, and there's no guarantee it will
>> work
>> well with the provided libraries (it probably will provided they have all
>> their requires in the spec file correct).  If you don't need any
>> functionality out of Apache other than what you are putting in yourself
>> (rails, mongrel, mod_proxy_balance), this might work.
>>

> I didn't want to start down that path of uninstalling everything and
> then reinstalling them again. I was kind of hoping there would be a
> repository I could add to repos.d and then yum upgrade httpd.
>
> I am afraid I don't have the time or the expertise to try and roll my
> own RPMs.
You might have to wait for Enterprise 5 (CentOS 5) for apache 2.2 if you don't
want to fight. Shouldn't be more than a few months. You could play on Fedora
Core 6, as I think that is what RHEL 5 will be based on.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and