[CentOS] PHP 5.1.x VERSION

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Nov 4 21:09:10 UTC 2006

R Lists06 wrote:
>> The upstream provider has released a new thing called the Red Hat Web
>> Application Stack.  It contains the following versions:
>>

>> HTTPD Apache 2.0.58
>>
>> JBoss AS 4.0.4
>>
>> MySQL 5.0.17
>>
>> PHP 5.1.4
>>
>> Perl 5.8.8
>>
>> PostgreSQL 8.1.4
>>
>> We will build these RPMS (and put them in CentOSPlus) when they are
>> available from the upstream provider (if they ever release them), but we
>> do not want to go higher than those products, as this is an updated (and
>> Enterprise) application stack designed for EL4.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Johnny Hughes
>
> Thanks Johnny,
>
> Will there be a yum groupinstall rhas command for these or something to that
> effect, or is it a pkg by pkg basis only from that repo?
>
> How does this effect the main repo versions and pkg numbering and numbering
> etc?

we havent decided on that stuff as yet, essentially think of it as a
different product. so something like the csgfs setup might happen.
Otherwise a straight drop into CentOSPlus. The only issue I see with
that is, rhwas might have pkgs that are not present in the rest of the
distro. Therefore, centosplus might not be a good place to put them.

if you have an opinion, feel free to express it - make some noise about
how you think it should be setup. But when you do so, keep in mind the
larger perspective.