[CentOS] konsole failure to

Gregory P. Ennis

PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Nov 4 23:56:56 UTC 2006

Everyone,

I am evaluating Centos to be for the purpose of using it as a server for
a database.  I doubt that I will use anything but run level 3, but am
looking at the gui tonight.  I am having difficult using konsole with
the same scripts that I have used on FC4, FC5, and FC6 with success.

I am executing this command from a Desktop link

konsole --vt_sz 80x25 --profile smile

with smile being a profile stored in the user's .kde subdirectory

The above command had to be modified to include the path to pick up the
profile called 'smile'

konsole --vt_sz 80x25
--profile  /home/admin/.kde/share/apps/konsole/profiles/smile

However, although including the path allowed konsole to get to the
profile called smile, a logon script named head in 'smile' was not
executed.

Args0=/bin/bash,-c,/usr/local/bin/head

Args0=/bin/bash,-c,head

Both of the above failed to execute 'head' but head could be executed
from the command line and functioned as expected.

Any ideas?

Greg Ennis