[CentOS] gnbd vs drbd

Tue Nov 7 12:31:17 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 00:59 -0200, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> Up until now, I have been using drbd for file custers with great success.
> Yes, it is a PITA, and sometimes you can get annoying sincronization
> issues (mostly on lab situations).
>
> Now I have been considering giving gnbd (with cs/gfs) a try.
>
> Do any of you ever crossed this path ? Any comparisons or comments ?

I use drbd, but that is because I am doing exactly what it was designed
for (creating a backup, failover server ... setting side-by-side with a
crossover cable in case of server failure).

I have no experience using gnbd for that, so I really can't comment on
whether it might be better.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes