[CentOS] Re: Problems with yum/rpm and %pre scriptlet error 255
jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 21:22:00 UTC 2006
> This is the output:
> # rpm -qp --scripts AdobeReader_enu-7.0.8-1.i386.rpm
> preinstall program: /bin/sh
> postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
Holy CRAP that's an unholy beast.
get dag's nosrc.rpm from here
->http://dag.wieers.com/packages/acroread/ for the current version,
then download the appropriate file listed as the source in the spec
from here -> http://dag.wieers.com/packages/acroread/acroread.spec
and build your own rpm. It'll be far nicer than that monstrosity you
grabbed from adobe.
1. yum install rpm-build
2. mkdir ~/build
3. cp -af /usr/src/redhat/* ~/build/
4. echo "%_topdir %(echo $HOME/build)" >> ~/.rpmmacros
5. Drop the source file (tar.gz) in ~/build/SOURCES/
6. rpmbuild --rebuild acroread-7.0.8-1.rf.nosrc.rpm (the package you
got from dag)
7. sudo rpm -Uvh ~/build/RPMS/i386/*.rpm
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
More information about the CentOS