[CentOS] Re: XFS Issues

James Pearson james-p at moving-picture.com
Wed Nov 8 22:44:49 UTC 2006

On 08/11/06, Stephen C. Rigler <srigler at marathonoil.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 11:06 -0800, Scott Silva wrote:
> > > Is there any chance that the fix will make it into the centosplus
> > > kernel-module-xfs?
> > Why not try installing 2.6.9-42.0.3 and see if maybe it is fixed?
> >

> I installed it on a different system and the modinfo for xfs still gives
> the same information:

> Has the module been updated since 2.6.9-34.0.1?

The kernel-module-xfs code hasn't changed in a while - that date stamp
is incorrect, but the code is more like a year old.

Unfortunately, the person at SGI that packaged up the code in the XFS
module for RHEL4/CentOS4 no longer works for SGI (I believe he now
works for RedHat).

So, I guess, unless someone else at SGI (or elsewhere) back ports the
more recent XFS code to the RHEL4 kernel, you are out of luck ...

Or you could use an up to date kernel.org kernel instead ...

James Pearson