[CentOS] About download ISO image, again

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 08:55:02 UTC 2006

Hi Raghavendra,

Tks for your advice.

> > Is X packages included as well which should not be on a server
> creating
> > a risk hole.  However on another hand it will be convenient for me
> at
> > the early stage of installation to search documents on Internet.
> Just
> > retain X not started at boot and remove all their packages after
>
> I would leave the server install as it is and use a live CD for
> browsing
> from the machine.. :)

I did this way frequently.  However there is a drawback.  In case
necessary following the guide on a document, either I have to save it
on the server first and start the server reading it OR to run a
workstation side by side reading the document.  In the former case, if
the document is in .html or .pdf format I still need a web browser and
X.  I can print them as .ps files but the resultant documents are not
easy to read.

I ran several text broswers before such as elinks, etc.  It is not easy
to natvigate.  Besides the website will complain requesting me to ran a
browser with java enabled, etc.  So finally I was compelled to install
a web browser.

B.R.
Stephen