[CentOS] Firefox 2.0 on CentOS 4.4

Thu Nov 16 11:42:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 09:28 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 07:29:24AM -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> > > I'm not sure it'd be a good idea in this case. Before, upstream was at least
> > > maintaining a package in Fedora; this time around, it's being skipped.
> > I think it is in (/ going to be in) RAWHIDE (or FC development ...
> > whichever term you prefer).
>
> Not according to the package maintainer. See
> <http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-October/msg00664.html>.

I am with you (it does say that) ... however, there is indeed a
firefox-2 rpm for fc7 in RAWHIDE :-P (just so you don't think I am
making this stuff up)

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/source/SRPMS/

(currently it is this)

firefox-2.0-2.fc7.src.rpm

Will it stay or will it go ... no idea. I can barely speak for CentOS-4,
I can certainly not do so for Fedora :P

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes