[CentOS] installing 3d desktop centos 4.4

ethericalzen at gmail.com ethericalzen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 15:37:26 UTC 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:48:54 -0600 (CST)
"David Milholen" <dmilholen at wletc.com> took out a #2 pencil and
scribbled:

> I have a piii 550 with about 256Mb ram with an agp 32Mb video
> card and Im wanting to install a desktop that has the 3d cube on
> the screen and use the arrow keys to select wich desktop you want
> to use and it brings it to the screen.
>  Has anyone heard of such or tried this??
> Thanks

I do not know of anyone that has tried this on CentOS; however, I
am under the impression it is not trivial. I have done it on FC5
and FC6, but both of those are of different breeds than CentOS4.x

You'd need to switch out a _lot_ of RPMS to get it to work I am
pretty sure and it wouldn't be fun. I do not suggest this. FC5 was
some work to get it functional and FC6 much much simpler. I would
suggest using one of those if that functionality is a necessity for
you.

Sincerely,

--
Alex White