[CentOS] ISCSI SAN suggestion

Guy Boisvert boisvert.guy at videotron.ca
Mon Nov 20 17:39:36 UTC 2006

Radu Radutiu wrote:
> Sorry for the off-topic question but I need advice on a buying a ISCSI
> SAN for 4-6 servers running CentOS 4.4 .The main  purpose for the SAN
> is to store email accounts (that will be accessed by imap - dovecot)
> and other documents. Minimal redundancy is required (e.g. dual power
> supplies, battery backed write cache or mirrored controllers) and
> price for a 2 TB configuration should be under $ 10000.
> Right now the short list includes Promise VTrack M300i and Dell/EMC
> AX150i.
> Do you have any experience with any of these models or can recommend a
> similar SAN that will meet the above requirements?
>
> Regards,
>
> Radu

Hi!

    I don't know specifically about the Promise VTrack M300i, but i have
a couple of my clients running Promise VTrak 15100:  it's not very fast
and the management software is not very good (we had and still have a
lot of problem with the software).  The Linux support is very bad (at
least for the VTrak 15100).

Did you have a look at Intel® Storage System SSR212CC?  Somebody in this
list ever used Intel storage products?

Guy Boisvert
IngTegration inc.