[CentOS] CentOS for s390 (release 4.3 or 4.4)

Sujit Nair admin at centiraco.com
Mon Nov 20 22:55:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

you can do the following - shud work fine without any issues:

yum update yum  ( get the latest version of yum )

yum update centos-release ( To update to latest release )

rpm --rebuilddb -vv  ( not required - just for the heck )

yum update

That should upgrade all the packages ( if you see any error - u will have to
do a bit of trouble shooting )

After update check kernel:
yum list kernel

Update grub and reboot into new kernel. I upgraded from 4.1 to 4.4 on 2
servers and it went fine.

--Sujit