[CentOS] SAS Controllers

Mark Snyder

mark at jmktdis.com
Wed Nov 29 17:36:17 UTC 2006

Hi All, first time post so please excuse any blunders

We are specifying two servers using supermicro X7DBE+ MB and want to add on a SAS controller
for Raid 10.  We want to use the CentOS 4.4 X86_64 distro.

We are currently considering an Intel CC SRCSAS144E SAS Raid Controller for the servers
using 4 Fujitsu 147 GB SAS HDD, and a Adaptec SASC RAID 4805 8-port for the server using 6
Fujitsu 147 GB SAS HDD.

Any feedback on this distro, the supermicro X7DBE+, or SAS controllers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark Snyder
JMK Computerized TDIS