[CentOS] pptp, ipsec and vpn

Mon Nov 6 23:27:59 UTC 2006
MrKiwi <mrkiwi at gmail.com>

Hi All,

This is a general VPN question;
PPTP VPNs seem to be very easy to set up with CentOS as the VPN server
and the built-in windose client, but how do list members feel about the
security vunerabilities reported with the MS implementation?
Specifically the 6 problems reported here :
http://www.schneier.com/pptp-faq.html
or maybe im being paranoid?

Would any of you roll this solution out using the MS client for business
use?
I generally dont trust anything MS does, especially when security is
concerned

I feel i should be leaning towards an IPSec VPN, would anyone agree?
(exchanging keys is not a problem for us)

Thanks to all of you - this mailing list is fantastic :)

Regards,

MrKiwi